Smart fitting rooms are the shopping experience of the future and retailers should start investigating and implementing these systems as soon as possible. Not only can they increase sales but they can also improve the customer’s shopping experience.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of an RFID fitting room system.
What is a Smart Fitting Room?
A smart fitting room makes use of an RFID-based system to improve a customer’s experience within a fitting room. It consists of a touch screen that is supported by RFID technology. As the customer walks into the fitting room the RFID tags on the clothing items are picked up by the system. They are then displayed on the touch screen within the fitting room and allow the customer to interact with the touchscreen and request other sizes if need be. Once the request has been placed a staff member receives a notification on their handheld reader, collects the items requested, and delivers it to the customer in their fitting room. It’s like an electronic mannequin creating a look with other products available in-store.
The Benefits of a Smart Fitting Room
This system provides a variety of benefits to both the customer and the retail store owner. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Ease of Use: The entire system and the touch screen that is in the fitting room is very easy to use. It has been designed to have an intrinsic layout that prompts the customer to push the correct buttons and options.
- Upselling of Matching Items: As the system detects the items brought into the fitting room, it displays the items and various images of an item on the screen. It also automatically suggests other matching and complimentary items. For example, if a customer takes a dress into the fitting room, it will automatically recommend which shoes best suit it as well as other accessories.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction: As customers can easily request new items from the touch screen and have them delivered to their fitting room, it makes the entire shopping experience more enjoyable. No more will a retail store lose a sale due to a customer not wanting to go looking for a new size or going through the cumbersome process of fitting clothes and having to get dressed to fetch another size.
- Increased Sales: The installation of an RFID-supported smart fitting room has been shown to increase sales due to customers having a better shopping experience and matching items being recommended. This positive shopping experience will also increase customer loyalty which will increase revenue in the long run.
- Gathers Data: As the system recognises items being taken into the fitting room and shoppers select or request items to be brought to them, the system gathers valuable data. This can include how much interest is taken in suggested items, popular items being fitted, and more. This will provide the store owner with information that will support decision-making in the future.
Contact Milestone Integrated Systems to find out more about how an RFID fitting room system can help your retail store succeed.